How Do We Collect Information About You and How Is It Used?
- You may provide personal information when communicating with us.
- You may order a product or a service and give your name, email address, delivery address, credit or debit card number and expiry date so that the order can be processed and your products (or services where appropriate) delivered to you. Sometimes you may be asked for your telephone number.
- We may collect information about your tastes and preferences both when you tell us what these are and by analysis of customer traffic, including by using cookies.
- It may be that you provide to us details of credit or debit cards or bank accounts in order to make payments to us. Any such information ("confidential financial information") will be dealt with as described below.
- We may use personal information collected about you to let you know about functionality changes to our web site or changes to our terms and conditions of use. We also use the information to help us develop the design and layout of our web site to ensure that our sites are as useful and enjoyable as possible.
- Sometimes we or our affiliated companies might use the personal information collected about you to let you know about, new goods, services or offers that you might find interesting.
- Beckdale Plant will not use personal information that it knows to be inaccurate.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could personally identify you.
Beckdale Plant reserves the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly or to protect itself or its users.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
- When you input credit card or payment information, Beckdale Plant uses a third party secure server. The secure server software utilises up to date security procedures and firewalls. Encryption software is used when a user pays for an order by credit card, and the process goes direct (encrypted) to NOCHEX. (visit their site at www.nochex.com for more detail), who then confirm the transaction to you and us by email. Therefore neither we nor the company that hosts our site, have access to any details relating to your payments or credit card details.
- In addition, we have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity before disclosing any personal information to you.
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computers hard drive by your web browser. Upon revisiting a site that employs cookies, the computer server will recognise the cookie, providing information about your last visit. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. Beckdale Plant does not currently employ cookies on this website. If this situation should change in the future, details will be posted here.
Use of Information held by us
We collect information about you:
- For statistical purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content and advertisements to you;
- To administer this website;
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to the Administrative Head Office of Beckdale Plant as follows:
Attn: Beckdale Plant CSA
Beckdale Europe Ltd